Fried rice is one of the foods that can be prepared super easily. Fried Rice is a delicious meal loaded with vegetables and packed with flavors. Fried rice recipe are varied in style. Though Fried Rice is Chinese cuisine, it is also prevalent in many Asian countries like Thailand, Indonesia, and India. Fried rice is stir-fried in a cast iron wok on the highest heat to get an exceptional smoky aroma. This article enlights the different fired rice recipe widely preferred by the homees.
Different Variations of Fried Rice
One of the greatest things about fried rice is how easy it is to customize. Whatever you have in your hand goes like chicken, shrimp, egg, and kimchi all make mouth-watering additions to fried rice. Plan and make different fried rice dishes whether you are a vegetarian or meat lover.
We can see the recipes for different types of fried rice recipes
Chicken Fried Rice
The fried rice recipe with chicken involves the following steps
Step 1 – Season the chicken & cook rice
To cook this, soak 1cup of rice in water for 20 minutes before starting. Wash & marinate 400grams of boneless chicken in some salt and pepper for 20 minutes. Now, add two cups of water to a pan and boil. To this, add the soaked rice and let them cook until it is 80% done. After that, drain the rice and keep it aside.
Step 2 – Sautéing the vegetables
Now, add some oil to a pan and add the chicken. Cook it until the colour changes to light golden. Take it and keep it aside. Now add 1 tbsp oil into the pan and stir fry the 7 finely chopped garlic and add 1 big onion. Cook this for 30 seconds and add in the rest of the vegetables (1 carrot, 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons capsicum) and cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
Step 3 – Add the sauces, chicken, and rice
Now, add the required black pepper and salt along with 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well. Add the rice, and chicken and stir without breaking the rice. Cover and cook for 30 seconds. Turn the flame and sprinkle 1tablespoon vinegar and cover again and serve the chicken with fried rice after 5 minutes!
You can customize your own fried rice recipe by adding other ingredients. You can add mushrooms instead of chicken for mushroom fried rice and add paneer instead of chicken for paneer fried rice.
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Egg fried rice is a famous Indo-Chinese recipe made with eggs and veggies. Not only this fried rice recipe with egg is delicious, but it takes a few minutes to put everything and so it is a popular dish in fast food.
Procedure for cooking
- First cook 3 cups of basmati rice and let it cool. Heat the Kadai with the required oil and then add 2 teaspoons of garlic and sauté it till it becomes fragrant.
- Then add 2 big onions, and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then add ¾ cup of mixed veggies (capsicum, cabbage, carrot) and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then add the required salt and sauté till all the veggies are cooked.
- Keep the flame high and then add 2 tsp soy sauce, and the required pepper powder into the veggies and give a mix.
- In another pan, add 1 tsp of oil and add 3 eggs, add enough salt & pepper powder and mix it till the eggs are cooked.
- Now add the cooked rice and egg into the veggies and mix it well. Finally, add the chopped green parts of the spring onions and switch off the flame.
- Egg fried rice is now ready and it tastes best when served hot
The recipe for egg-fried rice can also be tried with shrimp by replacing shrimp instead of egg. The fried rice recipe with egg can be tasted with tomato sauce or ketchup.
Kimchi fried rice
Kimchi fried rice is a type of Korean fried rice and it is mainly cooked with kimchi. To give it a good texture and flavor a variety of meat or vegetables are added.
How to prepare Kimchi Fried Rice
- Preheat a pan and add oil and add 1/2 tsp garlic, stir it for 10 seconds. Then add 150g bacon and stir it until half of it is cooked.
- Add 1 cup of Kimchi and stir till 80% of it is cooked.
- Add 200g mushrooms and mix well.
- Add 3 cups steamed rice and 1/4 cup kimchi juice. Mix them together well.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil and mix them well.
- Now Serve the Kimchi fried rice and garnish with 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, 1/2 stalk green onion, and roasted seaweed strips.
- Now Place a cooked egg on top and enjoy the Kimchi Fried rice!
Kimchi Fried rice tasted best when served hot. This fried rice recipe is flavourful and has a tang from kimchi. It has a slightly sweet and sour flavour and it is garlicky too.
Pineapple Fried Rice
This sweet & spicy pineapple fried rice is a healthy and quick, veg recipe. This is Thai-style fried rice with a rich flavour and taste.
- Heat a wok, and add 1 teaspoon oil. Pour in 2 eggs and cook, until the eggs are scrambled and keep aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pan and add 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple and 1 chopped red pepper. Cook constantly, until the pineapple is caramelized on the edges. Then add ¾ cup green onion and 2 cloves garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and transfer the contents to the bowl of eggs.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and add the required cashews and cook for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups of rice to the pan and cook until the rice is hot, for 3 minutes.
- Pour the contents back into the pan and stir, breaking up the scrambled eggs with a spoon. Cook until the contents are warmed and add 1tblsp soy sauce and 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce. Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon and stir and add the required salt.
- Transfer the fry to serving bowls and garnish with a small lime wedge and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Hot pineapple fried rice is now ready!
The pineapple fried rice has both sweet and spicy flavour mix and gives a unique and best taste.
Veg fried rice Recipe
This fried rice is one of the easiest ways to eat healthily without negotiating on taste.
- Boil water and add 2 cups rice and boil until rice is tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add 1tsp garlic and sauté, for 1 minute. Add 1 and 1/2 cups chopped vegetables (capsicum, white portion of spring onions, carrots) and cook, for about 3 minutes. Stir in cooked rice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and required sesame oil and fry for 1 minute.
- Garnish with 1tblsp spring onions
- Enjoy hot and tasty veg fried rice.
Veg fried rice tastes best with tomato ketchup and this makes it a whole meal and balanced diet meal in south-east Asian cuisine.
Schezwan fried rice
Schezwan fried rice recipe is a delicious, and popular rice variety from Indo-Chinese cuisine.
- Cook 1 and a half cups rice with enough water, and cool. Add a few drops of oil to the rice and spread on a plate.
- Heat the required oil, add ½ cup of onions, and fry.
- Add 2.5 cups of chopped vegetables (carrots, capsicums, cabbage, etc) and sauté till cooked but still crunchy.
- Add required salt & pepper and add 4tablespoon Schezwan sauce, and mix well.
- Next, add cooked rice and a few drops of oil and mix.
- Remove from heat and garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
- Spicy Schezwan fried rice is now ready
This Schezwan fried rice is vegetarian and you can customize it to your taste by adding eggs or by making a Schezwan fried rice recipe with shrimp.
Nasi goreng is a traditional Indonesian fried rice recipe that is served with a fried egg.
- Heat the required oil in a large wok over high heat.
- Add 1tsp chili and 2 cloves garlic, and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add 1 onion, and cook.
- Add 150-gram chicken breast and cook until it turns white, then add 1 tbsp soy sauce and cook until chicken is mostly cooked and a bit caramelized.
- Add 3 cups cooked rice, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and 2tsp shrimp paste. Cook, for 2 minutes and rice grains start to caramelize
- Serve, by garnishing with green onions, 1tsp red chili, and fried shallots.
The unique dark brown, and caramelized colour of the rice is very great in Nasi goreng and it is served with egg, fresh cucumber and tomato.